
I've been debating for some time whether to post about Josh's book, which is officially in bookstores tomorrow. For four years I’ve watched as he pursued this long-held dream to write a book. From the earliest conception of the idea and the struggle to write his first proposal, to the heady delight of selling the unwritten book to Hyperion, followed by the long days he spent at the Beverly Hills library typing away, not to mention the rewrites, the Disney meetings (owners of the movie rights), and the preparations for publication, all the hard work is now done.
According to Amazon.com, all that effort comes down to 1.2 pounds of paper, but to me it's the single most amazing professional accomplishment by one person I have ever been a witness to. How could I NOT write about it?
So ask about it in your local bookstore (my friend Bradford saw it in a bookstore window in a small resort town in Wisconsin last week), or check it out on Amazon.com where you can read the excellent reviews that have been coming in. It’s also in this week’s People Magazine and Entertainment Weekly.
Finally, Josh has started a new blog, so for your daily Lila fix, you can check out his very funny post about the clown barge he and Lila visited this weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment