If "Belle of the Ball" wasn't a mutually exclusive concept to Yom Kippur, it would have been the phrase on the tip of everyone's tongue at the Leo Baeck temple for chilldren's services on last Monday afternoon.
Lila, who was still breathing the giddy fumes from Rosh Hoshanah services the week before (touching the torah, hearing the shofar, and seeing a rabbi dressed up and acting like a silly king), came to the more somber Yom Kippur services in high spirits.
And Yom Kippur did not disappoint. Once again there was dancing, a rabbi in costume, and some other kids to scream with. From an entertainment perspective (which is hardly the point, I know) children's services are the way to go.
People were stopping us left and right to comment on Lila's adorable dress, a birthday gift from Aunt Catherine and Uncle Thom. It was a real show stopper. One woman in our aisle actually said, "I'm sorry, I know I sound like a crazy person because this is the third time I'm saying it, but that is the cutest little girl I have ever seen!"
(At some point, we hope to display some modesty vis a vis Lila. Maybe next week.)
No comments:
Post a Comment