We moved on to the main course. I freeze little Lila-sized portions of pureed fresh vegetables, so I defrosted some broccoli, some turnips, and I had some sweet potato in the fridge. Mixed them up with some oatmeal (for the iron), milk and flax seed. It's lumpy and kind of ugly to look at, but she usually eats it without complaint. Today, with the first spoonful she was swatting it out of her face, demanding her own spoon, and flicking what she could get in her hands back on me. At one point she couldn't be bothered to eat because she was too busy scraping dinner off her palms to try to get as much broccoli pulp under her fingernails as possible. For the first time when it was all over I didn't clean her up at her chair - I just whisked her straight to the tub and hosed her down from head to foot.
And so she won this battle, but the war wages on.
When I took these pictures, I liked how she looked like a mobster trying to slip out the back of the police station.
("GIMME DAT CAMERA!")
("I SAID NO PICTURES, LADY!")
("OKAY, YA GOT ME.")
And finally, for you photo enthusiasts (that means you, Thom), here's my Nan Goldin homage:
(BUSTED)
No comments:
Post a Comment